Home / Bomb Dogs
With over 200 certified Explosive Detection Canine (EDC) Teams, we are the largest private provider in the United States.
MSA is unique in the private security industry in providing only single handler, single purpose EDC teams trained solely in explosive detection. MSA handlers are experts in the field of explosive detection security, with years of specialized law enforcement and/or military experience. Our dedication to training guarantees that our entire EDC Program is consistently evaluated to meet the highest level of performance standards. MSA’s EDC Program is distinguished by the following characteristics:
- MSA is the first EDC provider in the country to be certified and designated by the Department of Homeland Security to provide anti-terrorism technology.
- All bomb dogs are owned by MSA and trained by our staff of full-time trainers. They are assigned to a single handler. None of our bomb dogs are kenneled or used by multiple handlers.
- MSA operates a state-of-the-art EDC Training Academy in Windsor, CT, where handlers and bomb dogs are continually evaluated and trained to the highest standards in the industry.
- MSA has received validation from several Federal Agencies by passing multiple stringent EDC certification tests, including the DOJ NORT (Department of Justice National Odor Recognition Test).
- All MSA bomb dogs are trained to the standards of the North American Police Work Dog Association (NAPWDA).
- We are licensed by the ATF to purchase, possess and store high explosives. These explosives are used to train our bomb dogs to ensure optimum performance.
- MSA is the first private company to imprint and train bomb dogs on peroxide based explosives.
- All handlers have Counter Surveillance Training and Behavior Pattern Recognition Training.
- We provide bomb dog teams nationwide (in the 48 contiguous states).
- Full-time dedicated teams, part-time, response and special event teams are available 24/7.