According to industry officials, more than half of all gasoline stations in the New York City area and New Jersey were shut because of depleted fuel supplies and power outages. Below is a list of gas stations in Long Island, New Jersey and Staten Island that may be open at this time. Please note the information cut-off time for each list. Some of these gas stations may have run out of fuel by now.
We included links to the sources of information which may provide updates throughout the day.
As of 4:00 PM yesterday (10/31):
- Mike’s Super Citgo – 675 Sunrise Highway, West Babylon.
- Valero in Huntington Station, Jericho Turnpike
- Gulf Gas on the corner of Merrick Ave and Jerusalem Ave, Merrick (right off of Southern State pkwy exit 24N)
- OK Petroleum on Rt. 109 at Feustal St.
- CITGO on Rt. 109 at Sunrise
- BP Gas Station on Hempstead Turnpike in Levittown next to the Wantagh Parkay
- SUNNOCO on Hempstead Turnpike and 106 takes credit
As of 3:00 PM yesterday (10/31):
- Sunoco on Route 9 north in Old Bridge.
- Hess on Route 9 south in South Amboy, Sam's Club Edison. Be prepared for SEVERE BACKUPS!
- Wawa on Route 9 in Woodbridge
- Raceway on Route 1 going towards Edison. A little further down two Shell stations are open (opposite sides if route 1). Huge lines.
- Hess is open on Route 1 in South Brunswick northbound.
- Hess on Route 18 in East Brunswick (DIESEL ONLY)
- BP And Valero on Route 130 in South Brunswick. There is at least an hour wait.
- The Shell on Route 1 and Old Post Road in Edison.
- Route 9 north of Route 34 in Old Bridge through Sayreville is open.
- Route 1 in North Brunswick has some open.
- Hess south bound 18 by Lowes was just getting fuel about 30 minutes ago.
- Gasco on Route 33 in Hamilton.
- Valero on Route 130 in Cranbury.
- Garden State Fuel on Route 130 in Cranbury.
As of Tuesday (10/30):
- Brick: Costco gas station, Route 37 east of Shorrock Street
- Brick: Singin gas station, 189 Chambers Bridge Road
- Lacey: Wawa convenience store, 800 Lacey Road
- Lakewood: BP gas station, Route 9 North between Route 88 and Hurley Avenue
- Lakewood: Lukoil, Route 70 West near New Hampshire Avenue
- Toms River: Vosper’s Texaco Station, 440 Route 37 East at Brookside Drive
- Toms River: Hess gas station, Route 37 near Burger King
- Toms River: Exxon, Route 70 and Whitesville Road
- Hazlet: Quick Chek, 1170 Route 36
- Wall: Lukoil at Monmouth Rest Area, Garden State Parkway
As of last night (10/31):
- BP station at 2151 Arthur Kill Rd. in Rossville had approximately 100 people waiting for gas as of 8 p.m.
- Citgo station at Bay Street and Hannah Street: 3-hour wait Wednesday at 8 p.m. Only letting customers buy $20 worth each. People screaming, cursing, and blocking the right turn lane from Bay Street onto Hannah.
- Getty Station on Richmond Road and Stobe Ave. in Dongan Hills, about 70 cars were lined up 9:45 a.m. Wednesday.
- Arthur Kill Citgo Service Station, 496 Arthur Kill Rd., Great Kills, one hour wait.
- BP, 1416 Hylan Boulevard at Reid Avenue, Dongan Hills, .the line was 1/2 mile down the blvd.
- Citgo Station, 525 Forest Avenue in West Brighton, a block-long line of cars waiting for gas Wednesday morning.
- Sunoco, 9170 Bloomingdale Road, intersection of Arthur Kill Road in Rossville, little to no line.
- Shell Station at North Burger and Forest avenues in West Brighton is open with long lines in either direction.